With everyone planning their Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping, I thought I would mention a few of my favorite FREE things.. yes you read that right.. FREE!
Literacy is one of my personal favorites, especially when it comes to children. Here are a few of my favorite resources:
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library: This is a FREE mail order book program for children up to age 5. It is hosted by an affilliate in your local community like your public library for example. Find out more or register your child here .
- Free Children's Books Online or for FREE download. It is a growing library of unique children's books and available for download or read online. They can be found at here.
- You can also visit Amazon for several Free books for Kindle for adults and children. Find them here.
Which brings me to my next category - computer software:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader - a free download that is required to read the downloaded books I mentioned above. Many files are saved in this format and because the program is FREE - everyone can have access. You can download the Free Reader Here.
- Microsoft Security Essentials - quit spending money on antivirus programs that fail. This is an excellent FREE antivirus program that protects your computer perhaps even better than some of the paid versions! It doesn't work for MAC though... that's the only downfall.. get it HERE. After installing you should scan your system weekly.
- If you are going to use the free antivirus from Microsoft then you should also download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software - this provides excellent free protection from malware & spyware. Get it here. After installing you should scan your system weekly.
- A business partner introduced me to Jing - a free program that lets you capture images displayed on your computer screen. All or part of it. I used to print to another program if I wanted to save something in internet explorer and 99% of the time it would not print the entire page - it would get 'cut off'. Jing solved this problem. I have used it several times since I installed it. Get it here for FREE. Works for PC or Mac.
More Free stuff:
- I might be a little bias but we offer several FREE reports on our website - if you are a parent with a teen driving soon, or going away to college, getting married, moving, retiring, if you have a commercial drivers license or if you are an apartment building owner or farm owner, we have Free reports for each of those categories. Some of these can be read online and others are available for FREE download.
- We also offer a FREE insurance review. Everyone thinks.. 'I'm happy with what I have..." are you sure? Do you know if you and your family will be protected if you get into an auto accident or if someone slips and falls on your property. Don't take chances with your family.. your home, business and future earnings could be jeopardy. Get peace of mind by confirming that you adequate limits to protect yourself and your family. Contact us for a free review , even if we are not the agent of record on the policy.
If you have questions or need more information, feel free to contact me via email, phone or stop into the office.