I read today that 8 is the number of average days in March for our area that the temperature gets above 50 degrees. This year that number is 0. I am convinced that warmer temperatures are headed our way! Soon!!
So today, in anticipation of the warmer temperatures, lets talk spring home maintenance tips:
- Check your gutters & Clear downspouts: Clean out leaves and other debris and direct water away from the house.
- Inspect Roof Shingles: Check for discoloration and curling edges on shingles
- Check Attic for leaks: If you have an attic, inspect underside of your roof, look for discoloration, which may indicated a leak that has dried up.
- Inspect foundation for cracks: Seal them or call a contractor for assistance.
- Inspect Deck: Inspect wood for discoloration, sharp edges, railings and stairs. Consider resealing if any are present.
- Check Air Conditioner unit: Make sure it is clear from leaves & debris, check hoses and be sure they are well connected.
- Check Basement for Water: Check basement walls, floor and trim for water stains or evidence of leaks.
- Check for water leaks: Around the bottom of hot water tank and check the shut off valves and main water valve.
- Replace Air Filter in your furnace & and keep a close eye on your sump pump to be sure it is in good working condition.
Here are some other DIY tips for Spring Lawn Maintenance too: