I stepped outside last night to pick up some toys off my deck - to prevent slip and falls (of course) and I immediately stopped what I was doing because I was so distracted by the smell of something delicious cooking on my neighbors grill! I never did find out what they were cooking..lol... but it did remind me of a couple of things I wanted to mention to my readers today. Hopefully you will share either by sharing my blog or at least by telling a friend or loved one.
If you have a BBQ no matter what size it is - please be sure it is several feet away from the house. I can't tell you the number of times I have seen distorted, melted and even charred siding from having a grill too close to the house.
Please don't cook out on a porch with a roof or in your garage. This is really dangerous. Everyone seems to have the 'it won't happen to me' philosophy.. but I can tell you it does happen. Grease can create a sudden and very easily out of control fire. Flames could reach several feet above the grill. Please don't take unnecessary chances.
Here is a really helpful video I wanted to share about BBQ Gas Grill Safety:
Speaking of Gas BBQ Grills - our grand prize for our referral contest this year is a state of the art BBQ Grill.
Simply refer someone to us for a FREE Quote - all they have to do is tell us you sent them and we will enter you in our regular drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to a local area restaurant. Each office has a separate drawing! So you could enter in Oneida, Madison & Norwich NY all at the same time. We collect 10 names and draw a winner. Then everyone is entered to win the annual prize.