When you think of insurance, you probably think, car, house, recreational vehicles boats. There is a company called Lloyds of London, based in London of course and they will insure some pretty odd things for the right price. Well some famous celebrities think about their body parts...and they think they are worth quite a lot of money.
1) According to Publications International, Ltd., In 1957, world-famous food critic Egon Ronay wrote and published the first edition of the Egon Ronay Guide to British Eateries. Because his endorsement could make or break a restaurant, Ronay insured his taste buds for $400,000!
2) Legs top the list for the most expensive body parts. Mariah Carey tops the list insuring her legs for $1billion dollars. Tina Turner reportedly insured her legs for $3.2 million. Heidi Klum comes in a close second she reportedly insured hers for $2 million. Rhianna has hers insured for $1million, but actresses all the way back to the 1940's like Betty Grable thought it was a good idea... or the executives at 20th Century Fox did.
3) I'm not sure how I feel about hearing that Julia Roberts insures her smile for $30 million. At least the actresses that insured their legs used them for dancing walking. Apparently she might not be as successful as an actress if not for her smile. America Ferrara, star of Ugly Betty and the face of Ultra Fresh reportedly insures her smile for $10 million.
4) Here is one that might actually make some sense, reportedly Bruce Springsteen insured his vocal cords for $6 million. Other famous rock stars went out on a limb so to speak - Keith Richards reportedly insured his middle finger for $1.6 million and David Lee Roth insured his sperm for $1 million in the event something were to happen or not I guess.
5) Number five on our list is TEETH! From 1967 to 1992, British comedian and singer Ken Dodd was in the Guinness Book of Records for the world's longest joke-telling session -- 1,500 jokes in three and a half hours. Dodd has sold more than 100 million comedy records and is famous for his frizzy hair, ever-present feather duster, and extremely large buckteeth. His teeth are so important to his act that Dodd had them insured for $7.4 million, surely making his insurance agent grin.
So we want you to know we really are a full service insurance agency! If you are a hand model or world record Yo-Yo star like 13-year-old Harvey Lowe won the 1932 World Yo-Yo championships in London and toured Europe from 1932 to 1935 representing the Cheerio Yo-Yo Company of Canada. He even taught Edward VIII, the Prince of Wales, how to yo-yo. Lowe was so valuable to Cheerio that the company insured his hands for $150,000!
We can build an insurance policy to meet your needs...no matter what they might be!