New York Wedding Insurance
Peace Of Mind For Your Special Day
For centuries women have been planning their weddings and it often starts in childhood. We can picture our dress, our rings, the flowers the location and sometimes we even enlist the help of a wedding planner. Unfortunately, even with all that planning, something can go wrong - things that you can't control. The most important part to planning your wedding should be the Wedding Insurance you use to ensure everything goes smoothly. Tanner Insurance Agency, Inc can help you find the right coverage to protect you and your investment in the event the unforeseen takes place.
This Wedding Insurance protects you and your investment. For example, what if the venue you have booked a year in advance goes out of business or severe weather forces your wedding to be postponed, what if the bridal shop closes - leaving you without a dress?
Even if the day goes off without a hitch things can still go wrong. If your photographers film is defective, lost, or damaged, your policy helps to cover the cost to retake the new photos. Damaged wedding gifts are also covered on a typical Wedding policy.
A wedding is an investment and the average cost is over $20,000 so the proper coverage is needed now more than ever. After all you wouldn't buy a new car for that price without buying insurance for it.
Wedding Insurance protects you from a variety of situations:
- The Dress: You can get repair or replacement cost if the bride's wedding gown or groom's tuxedo is lost or damaged.
- Lost Deposits: Reimbursement of your deposit if a vendor goes out of business, declares bankruptcy before your wedding, or simply fails to show up.
- Lost Rings: Repair or replacement cost if the bride or grooms's wedding bands are lost or damaged.
- Severe Weather: Reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses if you are forced to postpone the wedding.
- Transportation Shutdown: Reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses if you have to postpone the wedding because your flight or commercial transportation shutdown prevents the bride, groom, or their parents from getting there.
- Ruined Photos: If your photographers film is defective, or negatives are lost or damaged - coverage for the cost to retake is included.
- Call to Duty: If the bride or groom is unexpectedly called to active duty, or leave is revoked forcing you to postpone the event - reimbursement is provided for non-recoverable expenses.
- Damaged Gifts: You can get repair or replacement if your wedding gifts are damaged.
- Sudden Illness: If the wedding needs to be postponed because illness prevents the bride, groom or their parents from getting there, you can receive reimbursement for any lost deposits or other non-recoverable expenses.
- Additional Expense: This is an optional addition to your New York Special Event Insurance but it can be added in case your vendor is suddenly unavailable for your event but you can find a last minute replacement, you can be reimbursed for the difference in cost.
Other coverage that can also be added and equally, if not more, important is liability protection.
If you have a homeowner or renters policy, in most cases liability can be automatically extended to the venue. You just need to contact your agent or carrier to obtain a certificate of insurance. The only disadvantage to this option is that if an accident happens a claim would be filed against your homeowner policy and would affect your insurance record and potentially premium for the next 5 years.
As an additional option, Tanner Insurance Agency, Inc can help you can add liability protection in case a guest is injured or causes damage to the property.
If you are planning on having alcohol at the wedding, you should seriously consider adding Liquor Liability coverage as well to this policy to protect yourself against liability arising from alcohol related occurrences.
Wedding Insurance can be very affordable depending on the limits and options you choose, for just a fraction of the cost of the overall wedding we can get you the protection you need and deserve. Please contact us for a FREE quote today!