Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Indemnification, Hold Harmless & Insurance Agreement


Do you ever hire someone else or perhaps another business to do work for you?  Then you are hiring a subcontractor.

Perhaps you are a carpenter and you hire a company or individual to come and do some plumbing work for you.  Did you know that if a claim arises out of the work that the person did, for example a pipe or drain leaks, you can be sued.  You were the person hired for the original job, you asked the plumber to come and do work for you,  advised the plumber on what needed to be done, when and where, and paid the plumber when the job was done.  You can, and most likely will, be sued for damages.  You should have an indemnification, Hold Harmless & Insurance Agreement to help protect you.

An indemnification, Hold Harmless & Insurance Agreement is a legally binding contract designed to release one or more parties from legal liability.  The insurance agreement section will name you as additional insured on the subcontractors insurance policy and their insurance carrier will pay to protect and defend you in a court of law.

It is always a good idea to use an attorney we have made available a sample form that is available for immediate FREE download. Feel free to use and we do still recommend you have an attorney review.

If you have questions or need more information visit our Business Insurance Section on our website or feel free to contact me.




Got something to say? Join the discussion ยป

Leave a Reply

 [Quick Submit with Ctrl+Enter]

Remember my details
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail