Tanner Insurance Agency, Inc. is a locally owned, independent insurance agency that can shop around your home, auto, business or farm insurance with multiple carriers to find you the best value. The agency was started in 1984 by Bruce Tanner from Madison NY, who specialized in farm insurance. Keith Peavey also from Madison NY joined Bruce in 1990, after receiving both his property casualty and life licenses. Tanner Insurance Agency, Inc. opened a main street office on Route 20 in Madison in the spring of 1995 and saw tremendous growth in all lines of insurance. In the winter of 2001, we opened a second location at 1070 Upper Lenox Ave in Oneida. On November 1, 2002, the Madison office moved into the current location at 7324 Route 20, Madison. This gave us more room for our expanding agency. In January 2010, we purchased a third location at 6078 State Highway 12 in Norwich. In October 2017, we purchased a fourth location at 8261 Brewerton Road in Cicero. We currently have a staff of thirteen between the four offices in Madison, Oneida, Norwich, & Cicero NY.
WHY AN INDEPENDENT AGENT?
There is a difference in where you buy your protection. Many people don’t realize there are three sources for insurance:
- Captive Agents, who can sell you the insurance of only one company.
- Telephone Representatives, who can offer you the insurance of one company, and only on the telephone.
- Independent Insurance Agents, who represent a number insurance companies, and research with these firms to find you the best combination of price, coverage and service.
Call us now or click here to Email us.
Your Independent Insurance Agent:
- Is a licensed professional with strong customer and community ties.
- Gives you excellent service and competitive prices because your agent can access the insurance coverage from more than one company.
- Unlike other agents, is not beholden to any one company; thus, you don’t need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change.
- Assists you when you have a claim.
- Is your consultant working with you as you determine your needs.
- Offers you a choice of insurance plans and programs.
- Is a value hunter who looks after your pocketbook in finding the best combination of price, coverage and service.
- Offers one-stop shopping for a full range of products-home, renters, auto, business, life and health.
- Can periodically review your coverage to keep up with your changing insurance needs.
- Treats you like a person, not just another number.
There is a difference!